|EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT CONOCOPHILLIPSDrilling Engineer
This position will be responsible to ensure wells are drilled in the safest, most technically competent, cost effective and environmentally responsible manner. This role is a key interface with asset teams and government agencies (BPMIGAS).
Specific Job Responsibilities:
• Designs and prepares drilling programs for wells. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
o Well head design and specification,
o Casing design,
o Bit selection and optimization,
o Cement program design,
o Drill string design,
o Directional well planning,
o Pore pressure prediction, mud weight/fracture gradient analysis,
o Drilling fluids optimization.
• Torque and Drag Analysis of both drill pipe and casing strings.
• Responsible for the design of casing strings based on defined Load Cases, metallurgical requirements (CO2, H2S) and the well s Basis of Design.
• Provides technical support to the onsite Drilling Supervisors. Makes recommendations to improve operations for increased efficiency and to overcome operational difficulties.
• Travels to the field as necessary to support field operations.
• Specify, coordinate and monitor activities of third party service providers to ensure accurate Scopes of Work and acceptable contractual performance. Recommends corrective actions as required for non-performing contractors.
• Prepares AFE s, assists in budget preparation and economic evaluations, prepares final cost summaries and end of well reports.
• Serves as a mentor to less experienced engineers.
• Conducts pre/post project reviews to identify areas for improvement.
• Monitors historical and current performance to benchmark progress.
• Directs analysis of failures and problems.
• Improves existing technology through design analysis and assesses new technology for potential application.
• Works closely with the respective asset teams to provide well programs, cost estimates, and all associated aspects of drilling technical support.
• Liaise with BPMIGAS for well approvals, funding issues and technical issues.
Engineering Degree – BS or MSc.
+5 years of drilling engineering experience.
Able to work within a team setting but also be self directed in regards to workloads and deadlines.
Experience with Managed Pressure Drilling Techniques is desirable.
Experience with Landmark Engineering Software is advantageous.
Only those individuals who fully meet the above requirements need apply.
To apply please visit: JobsDB.com or RSCIndonesiaRecruitment@conocophillips.com not later than two weeks after the publication of this advertisement.